On Sunday, Rep. Seth Moulton (D-Mass.) slammed the National Rifle Association (NRA) for posting a tweet about gun terminology following the mass shooting in a Texas church which left at least 27 dead and 30 injured. Others joined in, too, in response to the NRA's tone-deaf tweet.
"Correct and protect the record," the NRA tweeted. "Please help folks get these terms right." The gun lobbyists included an image of a clip and a magazine.
In case the NRA deletes it, we screen captured it.
"Thanks, @NRA, for helping us focus on the real issues here, literally minutes after more Americans are massacred," Moulton wrote on Twitter.
- Seth Moulton (@sethmoulton) November 5, 2017
Twitter users were sickened by the NRA's tweet.
Which was used to murder 25+ people just today?
- LeviHarris (@LeviHarris) November 5, 2017
Really? 27 people died and 24 were injured and you're worried about which storage device of mass destruction was used? Get Real.
- (((Deana M Holmes))) (@mmmirele) November 5, 2017
I'm sure the families of the deceased really appreciate you clarifying this.
- Rachael (@OCRMama) November 5, 2017
24 dead in Texas and the NRA says: don't call it a clip
- josh (@liftrs) November 5, 2017
Either way people are dead. But heck, now we can correctly identify the parts of the weapon that killed them. #NRAPriorities
- Latetotheshow (@RoyHinrichs1) November 5, 2017
Mind numbingly cold, heartless and disgusting.
- Nancy Brooks (@Nanceebee329) November 5, 2017
There's a special place in hell for every one of you. And before you haters start calling me a libtard, I am a Register Republican.
- LesaPR (@LesaPR) November 5, 2017
It's so important to the next of kin to see that the press gets this right.
- Rob van Kan (@EdgeOfEurope) November 5, 2017
- Cameron L (@Cameron__11__) November 5, 2017
And this is the result: https://t.co/TUhqQQqXQC
- David Nelson (@DavidNe41143027) November 5, 2017
Is that your take? Christ
- Dennis Jørgensen (@DennerHJ) November 5, 2017
Wow. Not a single NRA supporter here to back you up.
- Iced Covfefe (@RtisticFX) November 5, 2017
Thank you for being pedantic assholes in the midst of yet another mass shooting.
- Movember Patrick (@patrickfdelaney) November 5, 2017
Jesus, are you guys staffed by 8channers?
- jay (@random__name) November 5, 2017
yeah let's talk semantics while blood pours through your fingers. disgusting
- the tane train 🏴🚩 (@tanecast) November 5, 2017
Yeah, thanks, NRA, for teaching us the correct terminology while the country is grieving after yet another mass shooting.
Update: As predicted, the NRA deleted the tweet.
Note to our readers: Please share/tweet our articles. Trump supporting trolls targeted our accounts and reported them en masse, without cause. This triggered seemingly automatic suspensions. Twitter support has failed to address this issue. Thank you!